15 November, 2011

Terrible

Terrible Terrible!!!!
Friends mum is in desperate need of blood. I posted an announcement in intranet site and guess what???? Not a single person replied. Not Even one. I had to the ultimate thing that I am good at, T.H.R.E.A.T.EN more like overpowering, I had to catch hold of people and request them to donate.

When will we get over the 'someone-else-will-do-it' attitude??
Donating blood - is a noble cause, a life saver, its healthy and safe.
What if YOU need blood and this happens to you???

On the other hand, I got help from this great site Indianblooddonors.com, a fabulous site(and I have registered myself) and what a response. Though the area in which I wanted donors, I got just one person, but the guy( I m truly a fan of his) readily agreed to come n donate blood. He was at santacruz when I spoke to him in the afternoon and at 9pm he reached the blood bank and 9:30pm I get an sms from him, confirming.

Sharvari my friend was prompt too. The second she got the mail, she spoken to the kin of the patient, and the next day she donated as well.

Tell me, why won't you donate blood??

No comments: